Every airline have their own uniform standards, however there are some standards that are common to all the flight attendants.
Here is a guideline of the most usual standards for cabin crew uniform:
- Hair no longer than collar length, clean and clipped back.
- Worn up hairstyles must be neat and tidy with no wispy bits.
- Ear ring in silver or other discrete color.
- No chipped nail varnish and must be either red or very natural pale shades.
- Lipstick to match your uniform colors.
- No external badges on clothing or bags (only name badges or luggage labels).
- Shoes plain for male and female (unless the airline have personalized shoes).
- Uniform bags and suitcases plain black or navy blue and no stickers (wheelie bags to fit in the overhead locker).
- Jackets to be worn fastened at all times.
- Hats to be worn when walking through the airport and in the public eye.
- Uniform jackets to be worn with the hat.
- Ties and cravats to be worn at all times.
- Shirts clean and well ironed.
- Sleeves never to be rolled up.
- Skirts to sit on the knee no higher.
- No ruck sacks or shopping bags.