Every airline have their own uniform standards, however there are some standards that are common to all the flight attendants.
Here is a guideline of the most usual standards for cabin crew uniform:
– Hair no longer than collar length, clean and clipped back.
– Worn up hairstyles must be neat and tidy with no wispy bits.
– Ear ring in silver or other discrete color
– No chipped nail varnish and must be either red or very natural pale shades
– Lipstick to match your uniform colors.
– No external badges on clothing or bags (only name badges or luggage labels).
– Uniform bags and suitcases plain black or navy blue and no stickers (wheelie bags to fit in the overhead locker).
– Jackets to be worn fastened at all times.
– Hats to be worn when walking through the airport and in the public eye.
– Uniform jackets to be worn with the hat
– Ties and cravats to be worn at all times.
– Shirts clean and well ironed.
– Sleeves never to be rolled up.
– Skirts to sit on the knee no higher.
– No ruck sacks or shopping bags.