Working as cabin crew has certainly several advantages that might let you think that is the best job in the world, however, the salary isn’t the first reason why most flight attendants go into a career with the airlines.
A life full of incredible experiences in the most amazing parts of the world might compensate the low rates of salaries. Especially the new hired flight attendants have to learn to carefully manage their money so they can take a full advantage of the experiences that a job as cabin crew offers.
Also, when a flight attendant starts working for a new airline they have to go through training once more and deal with a significant pay-cut as well.
For most cabin crew, the bigger difficulty is to have discipline and not overspend money thinking they will pay later. It’s possible to live with the minimum wage pay if you have a balance between spending and saving. Here is a few simple steps you can use to save a part of your salary:
- Have a special budget for each destination
- Do your nails at home; dye your hair in the way that requires the least maintenance.
- No matter what income, always save some money.
- Pack lunches so you don’t have to overspend money in your meals.
- Plan your layovers so you don’t waste money.